Thursday 23 March 2017

Crafting Mishaps #8

Oh, darn... that moment when you've slaved over a mini album for days - WEEKS even - and than you realise that you've made a bit of a boo-boo. I made a pocket too close to the spine of the album, so no tags would be able to slide in or out. The whole page had to be redone. Was that the crafting mishap? Nope...
I had to carefully cut off the pocket and remove the backing paper underneath so I could re-do the page. I managed not to be as careful as I wished, and sliced through the top of the page! I did sort of rescue it with glue and a slither of paper... and managed to glue my fingers to the backing paper on the other side of the page! Was THIS the crafting mishap...? Oh, noooo...
I was stressed about this mistake, I'll admit - and stress makes me a messy crafter. The desk was overflowing with bits of discarded paper, backing card, glue, tools... I had to stand over the project to see what I was doing! BUT I did manage to alter the page  - even though the magnets I bought are too thick, and I had to peel back the paper I just glue'd down because I forgot to place the magnet under it first. So... was this a crafting mishap that was blog-worthy? Oh, dear no...
The page finished, I started to tidy up the extreme mess I had made... and then sat down - heavily - in my chair.
THIS was the crafting mishap...
You see, my desk was such a mess that I had put some tools on my chair because of the lack of room...
I don't think it would have been quite as bad if I hadn't sat quite so heavily. But on the plus side, I was wearing a thick dressing gown because being ill has made me feel the cold. Every cloud has a silver lining :)
Now... does anyone know how to get glue out of a heavy jersey dressing gown...?

1 comment:

misteejay said...

I'm just glad you didn't do yourself damage with that poky tool - a friend had one drop in her lap at a crop when it rolled from the table. The staff in A&E were in fits of giggles as they Supaglued the wound.
Hope you were successful getting the glue out of your dressing gown.
Toni xx