Sunday 18 November 2012

Seven Months!!!

SEVEN months?!?!?
Yes, that's how long it's been since I blogged here - disgraceful!
I actually had a bit of a gentle kick from Di (Hiya Di!! Will reply soon - promise!) who wrote me a lovely e-mail and asked how the heck I was.
Di writes beautifully - and anyone who needs to see something beautiful should check out her blog too :)
Anyways...
What's been happening in the world of Patchwork Apples? Not a lot. Jewellery making took over my life for a few weeks, and then something awful happened in August this year. My beautiful Bella went missing... and I haven't seen her since. The times I've spent trawling around the area, putting up posters and just asking people if they'd seen her mounted up to so many hours - but nothing has been seen or heard from my beautiful little kitty. Callie (her fur-mummy) became stressed and lost a lot of weight and fur because Bella wasn't around for her to hiss at and be bossy to, and so we had to take her to the vets. Then the dog started suffering from some sort of Bella-missing-induced depression... and I just wallowed in self-pity over the loss of my beautiful Bella. Breaking into wastelands nearby and calling out "Bella Winky... little bit stinky!" made me a bit of a character in the local area - I am now the strange cat lady - which is kind of funny seeing as my friend up the street has 24 cats - and I'M the strange cat lady??
I digress...
I did the only thing any insane strange cat lady would do under the same circumstances. I bought another cat. Miss Violet (usually called "Baby") is NOT a replacement for Bella... just another addition to our furry-family. Callie is happier - she now has another bundle of fur to hiss at. Lily (our dog) is over her depression and now just has to understand that she is actually a dog and not another cat - poor little thing has serious issues and I can't afford doggy therapy.
Next, Hubby paid out huge amounts to get both the cats microchipped - though we're not getting Baby spayed yet because Hubby thinks it's best if she has kittens.
So... there we go. My sad few months... made a little easier by the arrival of our little baby kitty.
I absolutely promise to post a photo of our Christmas Tree very soon... of course I decorated the house on November 1st again...

Thank you MUCHNESS to Di for the lovely e-mail :)

Bella. 21st July 2012.

2 comments:

Di said...

Squeaking with excitement here - welcome back honey!!!!!

I'm so sad to hear about Bella and the tough times recently - my hope is that she teamed up with some nice boy cat, and although her heart would be torn between him and you, maybe she is settled somewhere.

Fabulous to see you blogging again, I was worried, especially with Christmas approaching when you always were so far ahead of us :)

Big welcome hug, Di xx

misteejay said...

Lovely to have you back.

Sorry to hear the news about Bella but 'Baby' is lovely and she obviously is providing your other fur-babies with the companionship they were missing.

Sending big hugs
Toni xx