Saturday 7 January 2012

Still Here...

Just a quick update to let everyone know that I am still here.
Time for an admission...
I am a manic depressive (what is nowadays referred to as being 'bi-polar'). I have, up until a few weeks ago, been coping very well... but have found myself recently in the middle of an 'episode'... which means that I am feeling considerably low and detached. This means that for the most part I haven't been doing too much - though I have just updated my other blog. I find that crafting can be both beneficial and yet also a hindrance... when living through an episode, I can lose myself in crafting and shut myself off completely. This can be a bad thing, as I tend to ignore everything but whatever it is I'm crafting ... however, on the 'plus' side, it can mean that I am focusing my attentions completely on something other than how I feel (or don't feel.... other sufferers will know what I mean*lol*).
I am taking steps to 'recover' and hopefully will get back soon - back to my normal self (if I can ever be classed as normal at all *lol*)

So... in the meantime, please take care of yourselves everyone and I truly hope that everyone is having a wonderful New Year!

11 comments:

Debbie said...

Hope you are back to your old self again! Take care of yourself Sheleen!

Wishes
Debbie
^..^

misteejay said...

Sorry to hear that you haven't been having the best of times but hope that things are improving for you and that you can look forward to the New Year.

Hugs
Toni xx

Di said...

Oh Sheleen - I'd bee worrying that you were so quiet and I do so hope that things improve for you. Bi-polar is something that another friend of mine has to cope with - very difficult during the lows for her too. Here's hoping you're on the up ASAP, love and hugs. Di xx

Scattychick said...

take care of yourself Sheleen xxxx

Anonymous said...

Hope you are back to your old bubbly self very soon xxx

Sian said...

Sheleen, I'm so sorry to hear this. And I hope very much that it's only temporary and you will feel your mood stabilising soon x

Laura said...

Best wishes Sheleen, I hope this episode passes quickly. Thinking of you. xxx

sixofone aka Leah said...

Hugs to you Sheleen. Hope you recover soon

Sandra said...

Take care of yourself, thinking of you and sending love x

Debs Willis said...

hi Sheleen, hope you are still on the upward slope, big hugs

Debs xx

Sheridan said...

Aww so sorry to hear you've had a hard time of things.

I've given you an award so hop over to my blog to see it!

Hope you feel brighter soon, I've missed you.