Wednesday 26 October 2011

WOYWW 125 ... and a catch-up!

Another Wednesday, another desk... sounds like a Country & Western song to me :)
Still not joining in on the fun that is found at the Stamping Ground, with "What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday?". Well, pop on over to Julia's and add your name to the ever-growing list of nosey-parkers around the world who, each Wednesday, tire of wondering where their mojo has drifted off to and have a sneak around other people's ideas and creative spaces instead *lol*
Last night was 'Craft Club' at the wondrous and magical place that is Pickwells. Did I mention cold? Well, it was darn cold there last night too... so I kept warm by hobbling around the shop, discovering magical and amazing things to buy. This included: more charms, the "Snow Flurry" PATP set (oh... it's sooooo beautiful! - and the last one in stock, so I had to buy it!), as well as some 6x6 Christmas papers, a DoCrafts 'top note' die set, some wooden leaves, Tea Dye Distress Ink (and re-inker), and some Prima flowers. All on my desk - somewhere around the bottom right of the photograph I think.
So, onto what else is taking up craft space on my desk today...
Covering my desk is a whole load of things that I had considered placing on top of the book-stack base of my new project (far right)... Dolls house furniture, bird houses, straw hat, boxes, wooden blocks... I even had a wreath. And what's been chosen...? Well, none of that actually. I made a little configuration-like box that will be home to a little owl, a basket and a few bits of 'stuff'... and something else I'm working on too that involves a coat hanger.  I don't consider anything I've bought a waste... it will all be used in one way or another... eventually :) AND... it was all bought 'on the cheap', so no big loss.

Time for a quick catch-up? Then read on...
CallieCat and babies are all doing VERY well... so cute and adorable! I'll post some piccies in the next few days.
The 'Big Bash' went really well - who knew a house full of teenagers could be so well-behaved? Okay, so they were a little loud. Oh, alright... I admit it - they were a LOT loud *lol*... but so much fun!  In our house we have a bit of a tradition known as "The Gorm Shot"... basically, you pull the most awful face you can when a photograph is taken... great for unusual wedding photographs, and brilliant if you can get the vicar to join in at a Christening *lol* So... 17 teenagers sat down for a photograph... and I got 'gormed'!
Several people chose not to have a photograph taken... spoilsports! *lol*

Sadly, the following day I recieved a phonecall from my eldest daughter... Little Sox, her black and white kitten (from CallieCats last litter) had been hit by a car and killed. She is devastated, and I've been around to her home to help her sort through a few things. Sox was her baby... she went everywhere with Naomi - either in her handbag, or with a little harness on. They did everything together, and now poor little Sox is no more.  I'm sure Naomi will get over it... and have another cat (in time)... but for now she and her fiance Dan just want to remember their 'Baby Kitty'.

My Internet Service Provider (ISP) has had a few problems... my e-mails are just not getting through to me. My mail box remains empty... and then every few days I get a huge influx of all the mail that's been queueing up! Some of it is just gobble-de-gook... but my ISP has promised to sort it out very soon. So, if you've mailed me in the last couple of weeks... SORRY! I am trying to get round to answering e-mails... when I get them, and if I can understand them *lol*

Well, with parties, craft club, shopping trips and visits to a distraught daughter, my time online has been somewhat lacking. I promise I'll try to catch-up with everyone... though I can't guarantee that I'll be able to comment on all the posts I've missed. Please, please accept my apologies for this.

In the meantime... if you're still reading... Have a productive, happy, and fun-filled Wednesday... and the rest of the week too!


29 comments:

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Great looking creative desk!
Thanks for showing, and hope you get your emails sorted...grrrr always the bane of our lives!
Happy woywwing
Jennie #2

Anonymous said...

Tee. Hee. Love the Gorm shot. And grrrrrr to the whole ISP issue. Ours makes me want to throw things. We had a good one, they got bought and were a bit rubbish then, and now bought again and quite likely to be even worse. Good luck. Oh and so sad about kitty. Hope your dd can find it in her heart to get another one day. Not just yet, no, but one day....

Mary Anne

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi - ah ISP's and computers we could go on, the bane of our lives - but loving some of the things on your desk there and also looks a great time was had by all thanks for sharing, Happy WOYWW. Shaz in oz.x

Sunshine Girl said...

Wow great desk with some lovely new stash there and are they are a pack of owls on the left? cant quite see as they are a bit blurry. Fab photo but so sorry to hear about your daughters cat - animals are so part of the family arent they- hope she feels better soon.

voodoo vixen said...

So sorry about DD's kitty, how heart breaking that is. Hopefully she will find another spot in her heart for a new one in time.
Love the 'gorm' shot, would make an interesting conversation piece in a few years time when they are all older!!

Helen said...

Love all you have on your desk... and the gorm shot is great.

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I'm trying to think of a tune that would fit the Country and Western song - Another Wednesday, Another Desk...it's eluding me at the moment. Will get DH onto it cos he's got the right warped mind to come up with a great solution :)
Hugs, LLJ #43 xx

Spyder said...

oohooo lovely new stash, ( I need some of those diecuts!) trouble is, when I finally get the chance to buy some I never know which set to get so end up not buying any! Happy WOYWW!
(Lyn)) #46

Bridget Larsen said...

Very nice neat desk, love that hexagonal box to the left top of your desk. Sorry about the kitten hope your daughter is ok now

SueH said...

It’s hard to resist a bargain when it’s on offer and it looks like you came home with a few to play with judging by the photo of your desk.
And I just love the photo of all the teenies, what a fab keepsake for them all.

Happy Crafting!
Sue
x

Scattychick said...

Oh poor little Sox I am so sorry hun xxx

Sarah said...

Some sad news and great news - such is life - a great post and fab pics!
Thanks for sharing today! Sarah at 5.

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh you certainly did get Gormed!! Great memories! That Pickwells - named properly, huh! Makes me smile that you got all that stuff out for a project and then did something else..., happens here a lot!

Hels Sheridan said...

awww, sad news about little kitty...sending a hug because I know how horrible it feels... bless xx

Anonymous said...

Retail therapy to keep warm! That's a new one, but when it's -20C here in a few months I'll be sure to try it out! Poor little Sox, I remember the photos of him, such a little sweetie. Sending hugs for you and your daughter.

Brenda 84

Shoshi said...

Nice busy creative desk. Technology... our friend for life when it's working, the bane of our life when it's not! Happy WOYWW, Shoshi #85

misteejay said...

Super collection of stash on that desk (I must admit, this time of year tends to be rather chilly at our Thursday night crop so we wander round the shop hugging hot drinks LOL)

Sorry to hear about the poor kitty.

I can feel your frustration over the email situation...I'm having loads of problems as I didn't notice an auto-update of Windows and it has re-configured everything and things still are sorted grrrrrrr.

Toni xx

Marjo said...

Thanks for the peek and sharing, have a great WOYWW

xoxo Marjo

The Crafty Elf said...

What a great group shot and love that idea! I'm so sorry for your daughter, we do get attached to our pets no question! Thanks for the visit and have a great week!

sarahp said...

Hiya from a fellow cat breeder/lover what a shame about the poor little kitten , so sad , We lost 2 full litters in the last 4 months our siamese and our british blue.. Its very sad.
Bright side we have a new fur baby check her out Im number 49 on the list of woyww today . As for the desk, looks a busy space to me . Thanks and have a great week xx

Tertia said...

Sounds like you have been a very busy lady. Love that photo tradition, will not, however, mention it to my children, because I can just imagine what that would do to all photoshoots to follow. LOL

Robin Panzer Art said...

Oh So sorry to hear about little Sox, that's such a shame! Happy WOYWW ~#105 Robin Panzer Art

dawn said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Sox, I remember your daughter taking him and loving him. That's gotta be so rough for all of you.

You have been busy with all kinds of fun, so happy for you. I love doll house furniture, so cute and tiny. Sorry for all your email problems and blogging pain. hope it all works out soon. have a great week!!

l00pyscraftcreations said...

, so many DD's birthdays this week!!!
so glad this is virtual, or I would be arrested for Borrowing various items from your desk lol,
Hope she recovers from the loss easily, but its hard doing it, please give her a hug from me,

Happy Woyww
Lou#63

Neet said...

Love the idea of the Gorm shot, especially if the vicar is in on it. Sounds a hoot! Thanks for showing us your desk and now you have whet my appetite for visiting you again to see what you are actually making. Hmm Hmm.
Only just had my WOYWW posted as I have been away and now am hoping someone can guess where I have been - little prize for the first to do it. Hugs, Neet #133

Sian said...

I'm sorry to hear about little Sox.

Dolls house furniture? I love dolls houses! I'm fighting a bit of a creative slump here, so my desk is covered in things I need to start. Maybe next week..

Hope you have a nice weekend

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

So sorry to hear about poor little Sox. It hurts so much doesn't it. Hope your daughter can soon find a space in her heart for another furry baby.

Electra said...

I think your workspace looks lovely-and shopping warms me up too!

peggy aplSEEDS said...

your desk is pretty and neat! i'm sorry to hear about the kitty. loss is always difficult but specially when it's so sudden.