Thursday 29 September 2011

Cardboard Tube Mini

My (not a-) cardboard tube mini album is finished... this one is a traditional red and green... though the next one  will be pinks and blues (and possibly a bit of purple too). This post has quite a few photographs... sorry!
I made separate front and back covers, and decoupaged some of those little toppers you can buy for £1 for 5 packs (think they are "Anita's" brand from DoCrafts) to make the poinsettia on the front cover... and loved using this coffee coloured lace for the edging. I'll probably add some Christmas ribbon to the binding rings... matching the miniature baubles I have hanging there. I think the title is from the "Silent Night" Papermania collection, and the ribbon and bell are also a DoCrafts brand.
The inner of both front and back covers are the same. The first page is a simple photograph envelope with an aperture cut into it (took me ages!). I decided to join the second and third pages... linking the reindeer and sleigh with a ribbon. The pressies in the sleigh are simple little tags.
Page four is a present that folds out to show five journaling/photo matts. Next page is a simple tag in a pocket. Page six shows an envelope that hold three little cards, followed by a simpler page seven - just three stockings hung up.
The eighth page has a small photo frame that is held on with velcro - easy to take it off and mount a picture under it. Next is my favourite page with the mini-mini "A Visit From Saint Nicholas" book I made (shown here) and a couple of tags. Lastly, page ten opens up to reveal five pockets (made from coin envelopes) that each hold a gold-embossed tag.
The tags made for the mini album (two for each pocket) were kept simple, just using kraft cardstock backed with the patterned papers the mini is decorated with. I finally used rub-ons and didn't make any mistakes! Okay... so there ARE mistakes... just not noticeable ones :)
I just have to slip in that little gift I customised now, and it's all done!
Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful! You always come up with something amazing and new.

Di said...

Oh wow, wow, wow - this is simply gorgeous! As Karen says, always something amazing and new! Brilliant. Di xx

Sandra said...

Oh this is gorgeous :)

Sian said...

Don't apologise for your photos - I always love to see what you have been up to