Friday 5 August 2011

Christmas House Mini Finished!

Yes! I finished the Christmas House mini album today... and although I have printed out all the photographs, I haven't finished putting them in the album yet as I'm waiting on a few more papers in the post to add a tag or two (or twenty!).
I've had so many e-mails from people asking where I bought the house from, or if there's a pattern... and I'm so sorry but there isn't. I just made it up as I went along really. Apart from the windows at the front on the roof, it was really simple... and a few people have mentioned copying the idea - which I love! How wonderful that people like something I made so much that they want to make something the same?!? What an amazing compliment!
So... here's the photographs of it all finished :)
You can see that when the roof is taken off, there's quite a large 'lip'of about 2 inches over the 'wrap around veranda' - this is just to make sure the roof stays on securely, and the mini is held in place.
All that harping on about the circular tree decoration I had... and I didn't use it in the end!
I am going to add a title... "Winter Memories". I did use a tree decoration - the coppery-pink glittery swirl (19pence at The Range, January sale item)... and my absolute bargain is the spray of flowers at the very back of the embellishments. I paid 59pence for six of these sprays, and I thought they looked a little like snowdrops. I sprayed them lightly with Cosmic Shimmers (a mix of blue and pearl white), just to catch the ends. A spray of cream roses were a bargain too - at just 45pence, and the feathers were leftovers. The pink pearl sprays were a freebie gift, and the flower at the very bottom was made from a scrap of Christmas ribbon.
I added the curtain tie-back charm (blue beads) and the torn-apart tree decoration charm (clear beads) to the top book-ring, and added the pearl dangly to the middle ring. The pearls were from an old odd earring I had, and I just added these to a Tim Holtz chain.
Each page is much the same inside - with fifteen pages in all. The blue glittery panel on the front (middle) is a verse from "A Visit From Saint Nicholas" by Clement C Moore. There is one verse for each page. Each verse panel is adhered to a central 'belly band' that holds a double-photo matt (5"x7") and the holding pocket at the bottom that is just there to stop the photo matt from slipping out, has a journalling tag in it.
And, no, the baby in the photograph is NOT me. It's my big brother :)
The reverse of the page has a larger pocket at the bottom that holds tags and photo matts, and a hidden pocket at the top that hold a journal tag. The pages are repeated - just slightly different embellishments. All pages use the pink, blue, brown colour scheme (which I shall never use again for a Christmas album... it's just too hard!)
So... there it is! Hope you enjoyed looking.
And just in case you wanted to know... I shan't be sharing any more photographs for a while... not after the previous post *lol*

11 comments:

misteejay said...

Wow, wow, WOW!!! this is just stunning. Beautiful colours and I just love the embellies on the front of the album. Super project.

Toni xx

Scattychick said...

Gorgeous Sheleen it is a brilliant project

Debbie said...

What a fabulous project! Love all your details! A labour of love for sure! I really love those colours together. Need to get my "tree" in order! Great project!

Sandra said...

It's just STUNNING! I would o love to give this a go, but wouldn't have a clue where to start. I really think you should start making templates for idiots like me lol

Di said...

This has blown me away - so much work and such totally gorgeous results! Ma almost lost for words - and that ain't me for sure!! Di xx

Di said...

Ma should be Am of course!! Di xx

Anonymous said...

Wow what a stunning project - your minis just blow me away every time.xxx

marjoleincreatief said...

Wow THE house is gorgous. Just really love it!!!!!

Greetz, marjolein
WOYWW

Anita said...

Stunning, truly stunning work as always Sheleen. your creativity just blows me away and I find your work totally inspiring. Where do you get your ideas from? Do you wake up in the middle of the night with these wonderful visions?
xxxx

~Tammy~ said...

What a true piece of art! It's obvious that a lot of love went into your projects! Amazing you made it up as you went! True art form!

Roz said...

Wow! I love the house!!! I love houses, I want a proper dollshouse lol. The mini book is gorgeous as well. Oh, I too have that glass dangly wotsit!! I love that too, lol.

Love Roz