Thursday 16 June 2011

A Box For Mum

Have I ever mentioned what a talented lady my mum is...? She has, in the past, made some beautiful lace pieces - using the traditional bobbin method... now she uses tatting shuttles to create the most amazingly gorgeous tatting lace pieces of artwork - and they really are a work of art. She asked if I could make a box to store her shuttles in - and of course I said yes!
I really liked the rose papers (I think they're by 'CraftyBitz"), and when the box was all finished I used a whole lot of Gold Leaf Rub N'Buff - shabby chic just for my wonderful mum!

7 comments:

misteejay said...

This is so pretty - I'm sure your Mum is going to love this super box.

Toni xx

Sandra said...

Oh she'll love it

Sian said...

I bet she'll get pleasure from it every time she reaches for her supplies!

dawn said...

How awesome that you and your mom can share your talents in crafting things. The box is beautiful and love the gold. She will be thrilled to have it.

Katherine said...

What a beautiful box, your mum will love it - love the papers and all that gold :)

Anita said...

That is just gorgeous, I bet she was delighted with it.xx

Glen said...

Ooo...this is so pretty.*Ü* Get your mum to show you how to do tatting Sheleen before the craft is gone forever! *Ü* TFS. ~Glen~