Friday 6 May 2011

And The Obsession Starts... More Tags!

Only two more... and that's it - promise! Well, when I say "That's it", I obviously mean that I won't be doing any more until I have the time :)
These were pretty simple - I tend to make everything in pairs - have two tags, then cover them both in the same paper, and use similar techniques on them. These were sprayed with a mix of Cosmic Shimmers (different for each tag), wrapped in scrunched clingfilm and dried.
Butterflies and lots of stamping of the quote:
"Enjoy the moments that make you happy"
to cover one tag - and then I wrote over one quote to make it stand out a bit.
The butterfly has a texture to it - I covered it in clear-drying glue and then patted it with my finger whilst the glue was still wet.
The quote on the other tag is from a Sheena Douglass stamp:
"Faith is the bird that feels the light when the dawn is still dark"
I used images from a painting called (I believe) 'Orchis' by Rowena Stott (Country Diary Of An Edwardian Lady), and the top swallows I covered in sepia accents.
To be honest, these little tags do have a lot of work and creativity in each one... but because the area is so small (12x6cm) it's a lot quicker than a scrapbook layout. However, I'll not be giving up my beloved scrapbooking - I've a new layout finished that I'll be posting soon that's quite pretty... I used some of the flowers I made (finally! *lol*).

A quickie reminder too, that all this tag-a-mania started with Debbie from Canada
Her efforts show how it's supposed to be done :)

6 comments:

misteejay said...

Oooooooooo, these are beautiful.

Toni xx

Rachael Elliott said...

Gorgeous tags! Sorry my purchase made you buy that stamp lol it is rather gorgeous though isn't it and you did NEED it :)

Sian said...

The swallows are beautiful. I love how they pop from the page, er tag :)

Debbie said...

Yeahhh! You're hooked! Your tags are gorgeous! Great job! They are different than cards for sure. I do cards and scrapbook pages. What do you do with tags? A co-worker said she would like one to hang in her cubicle; one that had a inspirational message. Oversized bookmarks; for those coffee table books, perhaps? Use the back to write your message and give as a card. I will be making more for sure! Thank you for your kind words and plug!

Katherine said...

Beautiful - love the colours, stamps and butterflies and the swallows are gorgeous.

Anita said...

Oh just HOW yummy are these!..xx