Monday 21 March 2011

Where's the time gone?

I have a few moments before sloping off to bed to write a quick message here. There just aren't enough hours in a day lately! I'm looking after my beautiful granddaughter Lily at the moment - and she's only just nodded off to sleep (in MY bed!), so crafting isn't an option until she goes back home (how do you mothers of young children manage to craft at all?) Still, I have a few posts to make about what I have done lately - including a layout in a box for my eldest daughter Naomi who requested a "Mummy Masterpiece" to hang on the wall of her new home. I've made two more of the mini-brag books for the nurse at the local doctors surgery (my first commission!), and I've been planning a few layouts too. But, firstly I just had to share a little of my mum's amazing craftiness...
She's a lace maker, and now she also does tatting lacework - and she's so quick at it! She made me this beautiful bookmark...
The photograph does it no justice at all - it's so delicate and beautiful.  I'm so very proud of my mum - she's so talented!
My mum also bought me a necklace at the weekend - a real bargain, and I noticed it first because I thought how interesting it would be to use as an embellishment on a scrapbook layout. Mum, I promise I'll not use your gift on a layout, I'll buy another one :) Mum also bought me a matching ring - very pretty.

Just how gorgeous is this necklace - and a bargain at just a very inexpensive £1!
Thank you Mum!

2 comments:

misteejay said...

You have a clever Mum - the bookmark is very pretty.

Love the owl, that is so cute.

Toni :o)

Laura said...

Cool owl. He would look good peeping out from a page. I love that your daughter wanted a 'Mummy Masterpiece'. That is SO lovely.