Monday 24 January 2011

His First Disco

Oh, the memories! My eldest child's (and only son) first school disco at his 'big school'.

I loved the checked paper I had that matched his shirt so perfectly - but wanted something a little more as well. I love the tactile sense of using stitching, and decided to add to ths with my choice of background... the large background strip behind the photograph is made by weaving two papers together - fiddly, but well worth the effort. Of course, stitching and handmade flowers arepart of this layout...

...and I decided that lollipop flowers would have a more masculine feel. Scrunched and spritzed rougly cut-out circles from co-ordinating papers made these flowers match in with the layout quite nicely :)


2 comments:

misteejay said...

Great LO...those lollipop blooms look fab.

Toni :o)

Sandra said...

this is just slo lovely :) ... I'm loving the scrunched flowers