Friday 20 August 2010

A Christmas Dream

I know, it's only August, and I'm doing Christmas layouts already... but it was just an opportunity I had to take after wanting to scrapbook this photograph for so long, and suddenly having the greenery I needed to complete it. This was Christmas 1994...  with my eldest daughter sat at the foot of our Christmas tree (I remember it was a VERY small tree that year). I had the layout planned for a little while, and although it didn't turn out exactly as planned, it's pretty close. I used 'Little Yellow Bicycle” (Christmas Magic Collection), the front of a double-sided paper called “Snowfall”. I liked that it was snowflakes, but in the traditional green and red Christmas colours rather than the expected blues and greys. The title, A Christmas Dream, is made from some kids craft foam sticker alphabets which I coloured with Dovecraft Peel-Off Markers and splashed a bit of glitter on them. The leaves are all leftovers from making my daughters wedding bouquets. The ivy leaves are simply pulled from the green plastic 'branches', and the holly leaves are cut out from a load of bigger leaves that were only going to be thrown away if I hadn't used them up here. The holly leaves were splashed with a hint of green glitter too ( unusual for me – I don't usually like a lot of glitter). Under the holly leaves and red button holly berries is my usual swirly stitching, as well as red stitches around the frame of the photograph. All the little embellishments around the ivy wreath are cut out from some tiles I had laying around. I have a bit of catching up to do with my blog... three layouts completed and ready to show off (unless you've seen them already at UK Scrappers ).

3 comments:

Sian said...

It really is so good to see you blogging again :) I'll do Christmas any time of year so I love this!

Alana said...

Pretty layout and as Sian said it's good to see you back blogging and scrapping.

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous lo. I am always in awe at your talent at layering.