Friday 20 August 2010

Brrr!!

For this layout of my eldest daughter Naomi when she was an ickle wee girly, I used a 12x12 sheet of paper from a 'Sara' pad (hard to see, but it's blue with white skeleton leaves on it). I layered up her photograph first in a clear plastic 'folder' (made from a leftover sticky gems pack), and then onto some card from Papermania - the Henbury Lane A4 set. I drew on the clear cover with a white gel pen – just a few snowflake doodles. Next came the hard part – an hour and a half sewing snowflakes onto the paper – each one hand-pricked out and each one different. It's so much easier sewing through card stock – paper can tear so easily because it's so thin. I placed the photo in the middle of the layout and drew around it with the white gel pen, just to help show it off a little. Blue thread was used for the stitching around the photo and at the top and bottom of the plastic overlay. It was not stitched through at the bottom, so the overlay can still be lifted to see the photograph more clearly. I used the same Papermania card to punch out two sizes of snowflakes that I scattered and glued across the layout, and a couple onto the actual photograph too. The lettering is Sifcon Craft foam alphabet stickers in blue (99p, from The Range – 92 foam alphabet, number, etc:- such a BARGAIN!!), to which I added some Glamour Dust in Crystal from DecoArt, and also highlighted a little with the white gel pen.
The last couple of layouts I've completed are a lot less fussy than my usual style - but the sewing has taken so much longer as it's a lot more intricate and difficult. I do like the 'plainer' style - but I've sketched a couple of ideas that may turn out to be back to my more fussy style - so, time to get back to the scrapping grindstone and get these new ideas onto cardstock :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic page Sheleen love your snowflakes and what a lot of time and effort you put into each of your beautiful pages.

Sian said...

I love that little closeup shot so we can see the fine detail of your beautiful page.

Unknown said...

I just love this LO. The addition of the snow on the letters is just gorgeous.