Wednesday 14 April 2010

Dandelion Dreams

I had such fun making this LO! It's an idea I had a while ago, with lots of different things I wanted to incorporate into the layout - including the flowers in the picture being the only colour in a black and white photograph. Of course, it ended up almost nothing like I first planned! The photograph is of my two eldest daughters on one of their first days together at school. They started the same year, but at different times of the school terms because of the difference in their ages. They were so excited to actually have a full day together in school (but that didn't last long though *lol*). I made such a mess making the roses - lots of scrunching up with paper and gesso (and inks and starburst stains)- and thoroughly enjoyed every messy moment. The butterflies were easier - but took a lot longer as I waited for each layer of kids glaze to dry. I get so impatient! Of course I had the usual blank cardstock to start off with, and lots of distressing and inking just for fun. The stitching had to be there - but I did draw back quite a lot on what I wanted to do. I felt that enough was enough, and anything extra may not work very well - especially with those huge scrunchy flowers! I decided to call the layout "Dandelion Dreams"... almost as a follow-on or accompaniment to the layout I had made a few days back named "Dandelion Wishes".

4 comments:

Sian said...

Wow! What detail (again!) Amazing. Thanks for commenting on Sunday's post. Much appreciated!

Sandra said...

oh my word, it's just so beautiful. All your hard work really paid off.

Glen said...

Aww...such a lot of intricate work in this layout Sheleen. I LOVE the butterflies and the little story behind the photo. I can relate to that with me and my sister...but we won't go there....far too many years ago! *Ü* TFS. ~Glen~

Jenny said...

That is stunning, I love it. You must've put so much time and effort into this and it's beautiful.