Friday 12 February 2010

Brighton Boats

On 5th February, I went to my very first craft show at Brighton, with my mum. A walk along the beachfront for some fresh air, and I came across these boats with their masts all lined up against the sky - it was about 2.30 in the afternoon, but the light was quite good (even for my phone camera at 1mp!). Plain papers were used for the LO, and I used a Martha Stewart punch for the edges of the inner blue card. The shell was one I picked up from the beach, and the knot is a sailors knot that I learned to tie just for this layout. The small frame is from Wicked Witch embellishments.
The scrolls and swirls were cut from cardstock, using the leftover matt from Tim Holtz Grungeboard as a template... I hate waste!

3 comments:

Anita said...

Beautiful page Bubbles, love the photo and how you have framed it....gorgeous!
warmest wishes Anita..xx

Linda said...

Wow, I really love this LO!
Linda
x

Carole Bryson said...

Absolutely stunning ! Love the way the cardstock has a shell appearance, and the knots really add to the effect.