Monday 18 January 2010

Stitched Up!

I hate sewing (think I mentioned that before *LOL*) but still I decided to create a LO with a LOT of hand stitching on it - and I'm so pleased with the result. The whole LO is using scraps of paper - even the photograph has a huge hole behind it! The pink corners are just that - cornerscut from scraps. I didn't have a whole sheet of any of what I wanted, so I just stitched it all together. It doesn't show up well, but everything on the blue is pink, and vice versa - from the stitching to the lettering. I even made my own templates for the matting and layering and the pink square for the photograph. The blue paper is all scraps from a collection of papers I hade by Paperspectives called the "Heirloom collection". The lettering is all from my new sizzix sidekick (Hollywood), and the capital "B" is stamped using a La Blanche lettering stamp. Baby Beth LO is one of my favourites I've created so far :)

1 comment:

Alana said...

Hiya, Saw you had a blog today so came over to say hello. You have some lovely layouts on here, looking forward to see what you produce next. If you want other scrappers to check out your blog post your blog on blog a thon on UK scrappers.