Thursday 28 January 2010

Happier :)

Finally... The Lace Maker (Part Deux *lol*)
I redid this whole LO from scratch - but still using the original colour scheme (due to the colouring of the lace). I decided that not just the lace needed to be a focal point, but my mum too - who made the lace for me. I distressed scalloped cardstock and then stamped with a glue pad and rubbed over some antique green glimmer mist powder. A note here: When using glue pads (for embossing, etc) have handy a proper cleaner, or spend half an hour with hot water and a cocktail stick trying to clean gluey gunk off of your stamp *lol*... A lesson learned for me. Wording is hand-done by myself, cut from card (my hands ache now) - except the lettering for "LACE", where I used my trusty La Blanche stamp set (again). The letters were then brushed over with glimmer mist powder (as before), and to knock back the colour and seal the powder, I brushed over with Ranger Sepia Accents (fun stuff - easily cleaned off a brush).

No comments: